Monday, January 28, 2013

Deep Thoughts with Alexander James - part 1

My oldest son, Xander (or Alexander James Bruch, formally), is funny.  He doesn't know it most of the time.  There have been many, many times when I have thought, "I need to write that down" after he says something crazy.  So now I am trying to do that, and I thought I'd share some of them with you.

"Lots of people had hopes for me.  I think they're impressed."

(Lucas said "butt.")  Xander:  Uh oh, Daddy!  You said a bad word!
Lucas:  Yes I did, buddy.  I'm sorry.
Xander:  You don't need to say sorry to me.  Say sorry to yourself.

"Hey Mommy, do you have enough cosmic energy to come help me with something?"

"How do you spell Piper?  Wait!  I think I remember.  T - A - Holidays?"

Me:  Hey Xander, do you want a sandwich for lunch?
Xander:  I had that yesterday.
Me:  Yeah, but that's okay.
Xander:  No, you can't eat the same thing over and over, again and again.
Me:  Why not?
Xander:  Because it makes your belly sad.  He misses all the other food!

(Trying to name one of the babies' toys)  "I think it should be Sallamoona.  Or Archinango.  Or Kallasweeny.  No!  I know!  Tom."



4 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHA!!! He's so hysterical! Where does he come up with this stuff? The first one is still my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Priceless! Hope you keep up with it. How do I comment as me instead of anonymous? Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Underneath this comment box, there should be a space that says "Reply as" then a drop-down menu. I think you should be able to pick "Name" and then type your name. I think. . .

      Delete