Sunday, January 20, 2013

Unmasked

On my husband's blog, he chose to use "code names" for all of our family members.  He was Diligent Daddy, or DD.  I was Mrs. DD.  Our kids were Smalls, Scratch, and Sister.




He is very cautious about all things internet.  He works on/with computers, and he has taught me to stop CLICKING ALL THE THINGS!  So he chose to hide his family's identity from "crazy people."

That's totally cool, and I understand.  But I'm not gonna.


It's too difficult for me to always use the code names.  Nicknames?  Sure.  But I don't want to have to worry about "accidentally" typing our real names.


Plus, 99% of the people reading this actually know me/our family and know us by name.  (For that other 1% of you out there - Hi!!!)


So, on this blog, the only masks will be the one this crazy boy wears.


I am Megan.  The husband is Lucas.  Our oldest boy is Xander, and the twins are Paxton and Piper.  Our last name is Bruch (pronounced "brew").  Nice to meet you.


Or, for 99% of you - hey.

9 comments:

  1. I sorta like DD's nicknames! But X seems to travel incognito most of the time anyway... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew how to pronounce your name. I was always saying "Br-uh-ch". Now it makes more sense :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one knows how to say it. (I admit, it makes no sense.) Last week I took Paxton to the doctor and went to the window and said, "Paxton 'Brew' here for his 3:15 appointment." She looked at the computer and looked confused, and asked me for the name again. I said it again. She looked confused again. (I mean, come on, even if you can't read my last name, how many "Paxtons" are coming at 3:15?) She finally found it and said, "OH - Paxton BRUNCH." Yes, lady. I meant to say Brunch. I have no idea how to say my own child's name. You're right.

      Delete
  3. I predict Xander will own a costume shop one day, or at least a super hero store :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 7 superhero masks? Justice takes so many forms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. Two of those are actually bad guys, but sometimes they turn good for the day. It's especially fun when he mixes things up - like when Spider-Man uses Captain America's shield, thus becoming Captain Spider-Manica.

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad you started your own blog. I love blogging but I'm not really good at doing it often.lol
    Www.tHekovalfamily.Blogspot.com is our blog....I'm more of a picture person also.... ;)

    ReplyDelete