Wednesday, February 20, 2013

1st Birthday Party Ideas

So lately I've been thinking of ideas for the twins' first birthday party.  Yes, you read that correctly.  Yes, it is still 3 1/2 months away.  I like Pinterest, okay?

There are so many directions a twin party can go.  With a boy/girl there is of course the Prince/Princess theme, but that's not really my style.  There's cowgirl/cowboy, but I think I could make that work better when they're a bit older.  I immediately (and by immediately, I mean I was thinking of this as a birthday party theme before they were born) thought of the Thing 1 and Thing 2 deal like the people below did.




And I kind of love this option, because you can incorporate more Dr. Seuss stuff.  The party could be bright colors (my favorite) and based on books (another favorite).  Plus, Xander already has a Cat in the Hat costume, so he'd fit right in!  Very tempting.

You've got to check out this party.

Another idea is Yo Gabba Gabba.  They love the show (which is on crack, but in the best possible way).  And it is also full of bright colors and fun characters, and I could have a lot of fun with it.

Fantastic.  Love, love, love it.

But these could easily get out of control with time and money invested.  I could also go easy (and cheaper!) and just pick 2 colors to decorate with and do a "1" theme, since they don't really care which characters are on the cupcakes.  I like these smash cakes.

Found via Pinterest from this site

Then I came across a "beach theme."  At first I'm just like - eh.  But, their birthday is June 3, which is close to the start of summer.  And the "big" gift I want to get them is something like this.

Found at Walmart

So we could already have that set up for the kids to play with.  Plus a kiddie pool, of course.  And maybe a bubble machine and a sprinkler?  So then I found all of this cute stuff.

Sandcastle cake!  Graham cracker or Nilla wafer crumbs for the "sand."
Watermelon pops seen here
Very cute sand bucket favors
I seriously love these.  And I could do this!

Everyone could wear swim suits and bring towels and just hang out getting wet.  (Of course, this could seriously backfire if it happens to rain.)

So - there's what I'm thinking about.  Do you have a vote?  Or any other brilliant ideas? 

1 comment:

  1. My vote's for Thing 1 & Thing 2! Anybody can have those other parties, but only twins could successfully pull off the Dr. Seuss!

    ReplyDelete