Thursday, February 14, 2013

He Said/She Said


So I saw this on another blog and thought it would be fun to try.  I sent my husband, Lucas, these questions, then answered them myself (before I saw his answers).  Posted below are the questions and each of our answers.  I'll think you'll see who the mushy romantic one is.


How long have you been married?
Megan:  8 ½ years
Lucas:  8 1/2 years.  I would have had to do some hard math and number crunching if Megan hadn't recently posted something about Valentine's being our half anniversary.
 
August 14, 2004


Where was your first date?
Megan:  Um…first “official” date was at Outback – I think.
Lucas:  Outback Steakhouse.  She paid.  Really.

*Note:  I had forgotten that, but he's right.*

Where was your first kiss?
Megan:  I don't remember.  I would guess in his Bravada.
Lucas:  In my car.  I don't quite remember where because I lost sense of the world around me and can only remember the feeling. :)

Who first said, "I love you"?
Megan:  I'm sure it was him.  He told me he was going to marry me the second time we ever hung out, and WAY before an official date.
Lucas:  I don't know, but probably me considering the circumstances.  I am the mushy, soft-hearted one most of the time.

Just friends - 2002

What were your wedding colors?
Megan:  red and silver – his pick
Lucas:  Red and something, silver maybe. Don't judge.

What is her most commonly used phrase?
Megan:  ???  I guess “Dude”?  That’s not really a phrase, I realize, but I sort of use it as a phrase.
Lucas:  She says Dude a lot.  Other than that, she doesn't repeat things too often, she is a word nerd, so she easily constructs a plethora of sentences with little repetition.

Who is her celebrity crush?
Megan:  Sadly, I have many.  So many.  I’m guessing he will say Johnny Depp.  Or Robert Downey, Jr.  Or David Duchovny.  I should stop now.
Lucas:  Where do I start?  Maybe I can go in some sort of order.  David Duchovny, 30 Seconds to Mars guy.  I could google it, but that would take less time than typing all this.  Oh!!! Jared Leto, thats his name.  He's dreamy.  Uh, who else.  Robert Downey Jr, Adrian Brody (and other big nose people), I a sure there are others.  As you can tell, none of them share any qualities with me, so, not sure how this worked out.

If she was ordering drinks for both of you what would you each get?
Megan:  I would get him a Coke.  Me– sweet tea
Lucas:  She would get sweet tea or sun drop and I would get water/coffee/coke

I don't remember exactly - maybe 2006?

What is the best meal she has ever cooked you?
Megan:  I have NO clue what he will say here.  I’m not really a great cook.
Lucas:  not sure, she makes a kickin Pot Roast.

What is the worst meal she has ever cooked you?
Megan:  He’ll eat anything.  Even the horrible meals that I won’t touch, he’ll still eat, so I don’t know which one will stick out as “worst” in his mind.  One time I tried a crockpot breakfast thing that was absolutely horrible, though.  Maybe that one.
Lucas:  I am not picky, I eat almost anything in front of me.  I can't remember one I didn't eat.  I am sure she does though.

What's her go-to drink at Starbucks?
Megan:  I have never in my life ordered a drink at Starbucks
Lucas:  She wouldn't dare be seen at a starbucks.  But for those that care to know, I will take a Latte or a Chai Latte

What is the most-played song on her iPod?
Megan:  I don’t have an iPod, but probably something by Ray Lamontagne or Damien Rice.
Lucas:  She has no iPod and just got an iPhone and doesn't have music on it.  Although I came home the other day and she was jammin Pandora.  And her first choice there would be her Ray Montaigne station.

Valentine's Day 2011

What would she say is your most annoying habit?
Megan:  He uses the stairs as a “landing spot” for all kinds of things – jackets, mail, anything he doesn’t want to put away immediately.  It's dangerous! 
Lucas:  Not answering this.

*Note:  Well, now I feel bad for answering it.*

What is the last thing she does before she goes to bed?
Megan:  Eats a snack and drinks a huge glass of milk
Lucas:  Uses bathroom, turns off her light, or complains about either the cold or the dogs smell.

If you could throw out one item of her clothing what would it be?
Megan:  Hmmmm. . . half my wardrobe?  Haha  I guess one of my Goodwill t-shirts.  He says I dress like a 12-year-old.
Lucas:  She would say that I would say her Chucks.  Truth is, I don't mind the chucks that much, its more that I wish she would dress less juvenile.  But I knew her about that going in, so its all good.

What would you say is your favorite thing about her?
Megan:  Sense of humor?
Lucas:  She is a great mother, she is crafty, she is easy to talk to.  She has mostly learned how to deal with my quirks.
  
Engaged - Fall 2003

Well that was fun.  For me, anyway.  Kind of crazy how similar our answers were.  See you tomorrow for Insta Friday!
 

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh, April - when Lucas immediately thought of "Jared Leto" (and I did as well; I just figured he wouldn't remember him) - I totally thought of you getting to meet him! Still jealous.

      Delete
  2. PS-the verification code I had to type in was 2600 Deferred. I think that should be my new band name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. And when interviewers ask you about it, be mysterious and never reveal why you chose it.

      Delete
  3. That was sweet! Thanks for sharing. I hope you had a great Valentine's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope you did as well with your fellas!

      Delete
  4. I also wondered "What about Jared Leto??" Haha. :) But "big nosed guys"... sounds about right.

    ReplyDelete