Monday, March 11, 2013

Things I've Mentioned

A few friends have asked me about some things I've mentioned on the blog, so I thought I'd update you on various areas:

1.  Birthday party.  I've decided to do a Dr. Seuss/Thing 1 Thing 2 birthday party.  I know you guys were on the edge of your seats for that news.  You can exhale.

2.  Tattoo.  My grandmother did, indeed, get a tattoo for her 75th birthday.  It's on her shoulder blade.

Why a lighthouse?  She likes lighthouses.  Yep.  That's the reason.

3.  Sewing.  I can sew a straight line!  Lucas's grandmother is an amazing seamstress (I use that word because she can actually make clothes), and she showed me how to thread the machine and sew a line.  I'm just visual, so I needed to see that instead of reading a manual.  So then I made two slipcovers for our couch pillows and 2 taggie blankies for friends with new babies.  I'm not great yet.  I'm not actually even good. haha  But I'm getting there!  And I like it.


My second taggie.  This soft fabric was harder to work with than the minky I used for the first one, and it came out all wonky.  Lucas said (sweetly), "It's cool!  It looks like a Dr. Seuss blanket!"  Um. . . not what I was going for.  I ripped out the seams and tried again (but forgot to take a pic).


4.  Easter pictures.  We did it this past weekend, with 5 kids aged 5 and under.  Surprisingly, only one child was unhappy and not cooperating.  (Well, if you consider Xander's frozen fake smile "cooperating."  And I do.)  I don't have a picture yet, but I'll post one when I do.

5.  Professional pictures.  I planned our appointment time so that the babies would sleep on the way there and be nice and happy.  Then, of course, they didn't sleep in the car.  As soon as we got there they started rubbing their eyes and whining.  *sigh*  So they barely smiled during the entire shoot.  Still, we got some good shots.  Our photographer, Kelly of Kelly Harmon Photography, is awesome.  Highly recommended.  Here are a few of my favorites (and you'll see these in my new blog design - coming soon!):

 






 

 





Okay, I think that should be most of the things I've talked about lately.  Did I miss anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment