Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Lately

So lately I've been thinking about what to blog about.  I've been trying to figure out some super in-depth and/or emotional posts that showcase my amazing writing skills (kidding).  But basically, all I've got is life.  Just normal life stuff.  And that seems too boring.  But - some of my very favorite blogs are just about the bloggers' everyday lives, so heck - I'm gonna go for it.  I hope the 20 of you that read my blog won't mind.

The good news is that (I hope) this will make me pick up my DSLR a little more so at least there will be quasi-decent pictures on here to accompany the everydayness.

So here we go.  Here's what we've been up to lately.



Most exciting is probably that Sissy can move!  She's for-real crawling now.  And into everything.  She loves cords and in my tech-loving husband's house, there are plenty to choose from.


She also likes to stand up - sometimes without arms to hold her.  (But always something to grab.)  Paxton will also stand up while you're holding him, but is still a big-time leaner, so you can't let go.


We like to hang out in Xander's room.  The babies just sit and play - usually with Xander's toys instead of the ones I bring in there for them.  Xander is so sweet and doesn't mind, even though they always put his stuff in their mouths.  He just plays right along with them.  Today he went fishing off the top bunk.

Paxton is mesmerized by Xander's room

Another item of note is Raja.  She is Xander's best buddy and they get along amazingly well.  But she's been a little . . . excited. . . about the babies.  But she's settling in.  I think she understands who they are and that sometimes they make weird noises, and it's okay.  She's such a good dog.  (As is Bosco, but he's always chill.)

Piper can even crawl right over Raja now.

Other than that, there's just a bunch of hanging out.


Oh, and eating.  We're trying more "real" foods now (not pureed), even though neither Paxton nor Piper have any teeth yet.  But they're doing pretty well.  Tonight we had pasta.


In general, Paxton is more laid-back and Piper is more active.  Except when it comes to dinner time.  Piper likes to relax. . .


And Paxton likes to dance. . .





My goodness, those crack me up.  I love that kid.

And finally - just a picture to prove that sometimes Xander does wear clothes.

It's blurry because he doesn't like having his picture taken anymore.

So there's a slice of life with the Bruch family.  Hopefully I'll have a crazy meaningful post every now and again, but I kind of like this too.

8 comments:

  1. Hey, I like your "life" stories too. There's nothing boring about them. You see, my "baby" is only a month older than Xander, and there won't be any more babies for me until I have grandbabies. Your pics and stories take me for the proverbial walk down memory lane. This post is meaningful. Every step these kiddos take is meaningful to you...keep it coming, mama. It's good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! This is such a nice comment, especially coming from a great writer. You're awesome.

      Delete
  2. Thank you! That's huge compliment, and you have no idea how I appreciate it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am DYING over those pictures of Pax dancing. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Particularly the 3rd one. He's awesome.

      Delete
  4. love your posts and pics :) pax dancing= hilarious. also love pipers foot up on her high chair tray. so stinkin cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. anonymous=elyse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why it won't let you put your name! So weird.

      Delete