Monday, April 15, 2013

Weekend Fun

Let me start by saying that there are a few blogs out there that are lovely and charming.  And I had to stop looking at them because they made me jealous.  And I don't really get jealous often.  But I felt like these moms always had happy kids in clean clothes and amazing organic meals and spotless homes.  (They'd even post these "look how real I am!" posts with 2 toys laying on the floor and call it messy.)



So - I don't want to ever ever make it look like my life is perfect.  The thing is - I don't blog about how messy my house is or that for the past 5 days Paxton and Piper will cry the second they see me if I'm not holding them.  (I have actually just stood in the kitchen and eaten lunch while they're playing with Xander elsewhere just so I can eat while it's still hot.)  I blog about the fun stuff, of course.  But I pretty much live in dirty yoga pants and wipe the babies' hands off every time they crawl from room to room, 'cause I have to.

Hey baby girl, you've got something on your chin.  "Yeah, that's dirt, mom.  Clean up a little!"

Now don't get me wrong - I love this crazy life.  I'm happy.  Just not perfect.

All that said - this weekend was amazing.  It started when one of my best good friends, Maria, came by for a few hours on Friday.  We don't see each other nearly often enough, and it was great to catch up.

So we're not so great with centering the phone.

On Saturday another best good friend stopped by for a while and then my mom came by and played with the kiddos.  We were all playing outside a lot (which equals happiness to me), and Xander and his next-door neighbor and buddy, Jalen, got into a silly string fight.

Afterward, my mom played "bomb" with the boys.
The dogs just took it all in.

Then on Sunday my sister and I took our oldest kids to Tweetsie Railroad.  Xander's grandpa got him a 2013 season pass for his birthday last year, so we plan on going quite a bit this spring and summer.  We had a blast!

I have no doubt that whatever the charges, it was Xander's fault.
Kate is posing and Xander was totally focused on flying the plane.
As you can tell, this ride was hilarious.
Kate slid way down in the seat and couldn't get up because of the centripetal force.  (She was fine.)
They wanted to ride twice, so my sister got to go the second time.
Xander loved the petting zoo, of course.

I hope that wasn't picture overload for you.  You're lucky my camera battery died right after I took this one, so I didn't get the Ferris Wheel, Xander driving a car, or the train ride.  But there will be more trips, and more pictures (of course).

I hope each of you had a great weekend as well.  Did you do anything fun?

1 comment:

  1. I made the blog - woohoo!! It was so good to see you :) We need to do that more often!
    ~Maria

    ReplyDelete