Monday, May 6, 2013

Birthdays, Rain, and Vomit

Is that title too graphic?  Sorry.  But that's what we lived with this week, and I thought I'd share some pictures.  Wait, not pictures of birthdays, rain, and vomit.  Of other stuff.  Really, the pictures have little to do with the words.  But it's all from the past few days.  I'm not making sense.  Oh, just keep reading.

This was in a sweet spot of about 6 hours when the babies were getting better and the rest of us hadn't gotten sick yet



Saturday, May 4, was International Star Wars Day (May the Fourth be with you.  Get it?).  It was also my husband's 30th birthday.  There could NOT have been a better day for him to be born.  He knows more about Star Wars than George Lucas.  I'm convinced of it.

Not allowed to touch/chew on cables.  Sorry girl.

We had a big Star Wars shin-dig planned out, but had to reschedule because of the dreaded stomach bug, as I mentioned in my last post.  So instead, he lived out the last days of his 20s helping me clean sheets, floors, bodies, and more sheets, while we waited out the virus.

Daddy's NC State hat.  (He looks way better in Duke blue.)

On his actual birthday we took the kids to a local festival, but it was kind of chilly and Paxton was not a happy camper, so we didn't stay too long.  After that, we hunkered down at home for the rest of the rainy weekend.

The last time we went to this annual festival we were wearing shorts and sweating.

I think he was super thankful to be able to head to work this morning, despite the fact that it was flooding and many roads were washed out.  Better than being cooped up at home another day.

Necessary.

Although it wasn't under the most fun circumstances, it was nice to hang out with our family of 5 and have Daddy at home for several days in a row.  And I'm glad he's finally joined me here in the 30s.


 Love you, Lucas.  We'll celebrate for real soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment