Monday, May 20, 2013

Product Review - Palmolive® Soft Touch

So I joined this thing called Influenster (by invite only, I think).  I am very new to it and I don't really understand all of the details, but so far I've gone to that site and answered a few "about me" type questions.  From those answers (I think?), they choose people to test products.  Last week I received two huge bottles of Palmolive® soft touch.  I have not been compensated to review the product, and honestly, I'm not even sure if anyone from the company will even see this blog post - which basically means I can tell you exactly what I think about it.



Okay, so I wash dishes often.  Bottles, sippy cups, bottles, pots and pans, bottles. . . I do dishes by hand at least 3 times a day.  So I thought it was pretty relevant that I received dish soap to test.

I got two different scents to try - Coconut Butter and Vitamin E.  I tried the Coconut Butter first.  I opened the cap and the smell instantly reminded me of the tanning bed.  (Don't judge - when it's Prom time you gotta do what you gotta do.)  I happen to like that smell, so it was a good thing.

Look at me, trying to make a picture of dish soap interesting

I poured some out and I thought that the consistency is a little thinner than I am used to with my regular dish soap.

Also - I'd like to pause right here and point out that my transition from quirky-but-kind-of-cool girl to totally-square-and-old mom is now complete.  I am officially blogging about the consistency of dish soap.  I would like to say this change happened suddenly, but to be fair, I didn't have far to go.  I already complain that kids these days act "so entitled and disrespectful" and the stuff on pop radio "isn't really music."

But I digress.  Back to dish soap.

So I added water and was pleasantly surprised that it made a lot of suds.  More than I expected.  Which, again, is weird.  To expect a certain amount of suds.  Most people just put their head down and get through the dish task so they can move onto the fun things they have to do next, never having expectations of their suds.  But I did.  I do.  I'm old.

So - to make this depressing review shorter, I'll summarize:  it did a great job.  I cleaned all of the dishes I normally do, and I feel like I could have cleaned more without adding more soap, which is not the case with my "regular" dish soap.

A small portion of the dishes I do several times a day

In addition, I really could tell a difference in my hands afterwards.  Did it feel like I just applied lotion?  Well, no.  But they weren't the least bit dry, and they usually are after washing dishes.

I liked the other scent, too.  It was a bit more floral, but not in an obnoxious way.  I generally don't really like floral scents, and it was cool with me.

Bottom Line:  I really like it.  I think I've officially switched dish soap brands.

Thanks for sticking with me.  I'll probably be doing a few more reviews here and there because, well, I think it's fun.  Yes, I know.  I may as well apply for an AARP card now.  *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment