Thursday, June 6, 2013

Product Review - TastyKake

So Influenster sent me their Spring "VoxBox" - which is a box of several different products - to review.  This is my first VoxBox, but I'm thinking each box sort of has a theme.  This one was mostly beauty supplies.  But right in the middle of hair gel and lip gloss was a candy bar.



Okay, disclaimer:  I'm not really crazy about chocolate.  I mean, it's fine.  But if I ever want a dessert it's more of the vanilla (pound cake!) or cream cheese variety.  So I saw the bar and was just like, "Oh, that's cool," and just put it back in the box with the other stuff.

A few days later, Lucas had to work late and after finally getting all of the kids in bed (one of whom was sick), I went to my room, laid out in the bed, and grabbed my Kindle.  Approximately 3 seconds later I decided I wanted a snack.  But I was already in bed, and my pillows were propped up perfectly, and I really didn't walk all the way to the kitchen.  (I am sounding so lazy right now.)

That's when I remembered the VoxBox.  I had put it on my nightstand since I was planning on using the hair gel after my next shower (and who knows when that will be).  I opened it up and took a picture of the TastyKake Kandy Bar Kake (I really don't know if I legally have to say the full name, but I'm not taking chances).  This one, as you will note, is S'mores flavored.


So, I opened the bar.  Crumbly.  But - we won't hold that against TastyKake, because in the 3 hours between me opening the box while sitting cross-legged on my living room floor with babies crawling on me, to picking up the box and moving to to my room, it could have been squished by any number of small hands.  And I know Xander was VERY interested in it.


So, I took a bite.  Um....it's okay.  Here's the inside for you:


The white stuff, I'm assuming, is supposed to taste like marshmallow, since this is S'mores flavor.  It doesn't.  It tastes like frosting.  Maybe less sweet than frosting, actually, but not marshmallow.  The graham flavor is okay, but it's a little dry overall.  Honestly, I thought it tasted like one of those "good for you" bars that are supposed to be "exactly!" like a real candy bar, but they're not.  Something was just - off.

Bottom line:  Meh.  Not horrible.  Not great.  Now again - I'm not crazy about chocolate.  So if you are, you may just like this bar a lot.  But me?  Well, I didn't.  I didn't hate it - I ate the whole thing - but I won't be buying any for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment