Monday, July 8, 2013

Product Review - imPress Broadway Nails

I tried press-on nails.

If you know me at all, that in itself will make you laugh.  Why?  Why would I do this?

Because I got them from Influenster, of course, so I had to try them out.  The result was just as laughable as you would imagine.


First off, I'm a nail biter.  I'm not as bad as I used to be, but I still have very short nails.  I don't know what to do with long nails.

I have had fake nails about 5 times (or less) in my life - proms and wedding, basically.  I remember the day after prom one year I hopped in my car and quickly reached for the still-hanging-open door.  Two of the nails flipped off as I grabbed the door handle and they brushed against the door itself.  Oh, the pain.  I remember thinking, "Why did I do this???"  But it's prom, man.  It's a huge deal.  You go all out.

So why would I try this again?  All for the sake of science.  Or blogging.  Or just experimenting.  Actually, I'm not sure why.  I'm weird.

And it was weird.  Now, I don't think this is against Broadway Nails in any way - it just felt so foreign to have these long things on the ends of my fingers.  I couldn't type; I couldn't change a diaper; I couldn't do a lot of things that I'm used to doing.  It just felt, well, fake.

And it looked hilarious.

You know how I love animal print!  (Sarcasm.)

After 5 minutes, one of them fell off.  Into Piper's mouth.  (Of course as soon as she saw these crazy things on my hands she wanted to chew them.)  Should I have been letting her chew on them?  Well no.   But still - this is my life, and that's what happens sometimes.  And I felt like this was an indication that the nails aren't very . . . sturdy.  Or something.  (What if I had been asked to dance and a nail fell off into the cute boy's hand??)

In short, I popped those suckers off after about an hour.  I will say they were very easy to put on and very easy (too easy?) to take off.  So there's that.

Will I try them again?  Not any time soon.  Unless Jake Ryan asks me to prom, of course.

2 comments:

  1. I must say, your hand looks truly Jerseylicious :) Those look very similar to the majority of girls and ladies here...Now all you need is to start tawking like yer from New-ark, and you'll fine ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! I think I might have too much Caldwell County in me to make it up there! ;)

      Delete