Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Summer Days

The last several days have been very nice weather-wise.  Well, by "very nice," I mean, "not raining."  It's still really hot (to me).  But not raining is a good thing.  And I spent the entire winter waiting for warm weather, so I will not complain about the heat.



With the lack of rain, we have decided to get outside some.


Of course, simply going outside is a lot harder than it looks for us.  First I take everything outside that I want/need out there - camera, towels, water bottles, snacks, toys, etc., while the twins are napping or playing.  Then I have to change one squirming twin (including slathering in sunscreen), then put that one down and do the other one.  Then I carry one downstairs and outside, and tell Xander to watch him/her, as I run upstairs to get the other one.  By the time we're all outside, it has been 30 minutes since I decided to go out.  Then coming back in and getting cleaned up?  Whew.  A task in itself.


But?  It's worth it.


Everyone (including me) has fun - if only for a short while - and I'm telling you, I don't know of medicine much better than sunshine to cure whatever's bothering me.



Also?  I love watching Xander with the twins.  He likes to "help" them.  Piper likes the help.


Paxton?  Not so much.  (To be fair, he's bigger and Xander isn't quite as graceful with him.)

Xander sort of fell at the end, hence the lack of him in the last picture.

So it's not all fun and games, but that's life, right?


I hope you've been having some sunny days and making the most of them, too.





No comments:

Post a Comment