Monday, August 19, 2013

Deep Thoughts with Alexander James

Me:  Did you know I used to wear glasses?
Xander:  No!  How old were you?
Me:  I got them when I was about 5.
Xander:  How long did you wear them?
Me:  I think until I was about 12.
Xander:  Hmm.  I was gonna guess 60.


"I have to tell you something important.  More importanter than getting married!"
"Okay, what is it?"
"I have a noise that will help time pass by when you're painting.  PFFFFFTTTTHHHH!"  *cracks a cocky half-smile and walks away*
~Note:  We are not painting and I have no idea where this came from.

"Hey Mommy, when we build a house are you going to pack the builders a lunch every day?"
"Ummmm. . . "
"You should pack sandwiches and apples and pretzels!  They'll like that.  Yeah.  Good idea."

With his cousins on the train at Tweetsie

(Talking about birthdays and getting older)
Me:  Do you think I'm old?
Xander:  NO!
Me:  How old do you think I am?
Xander:  14!
Me:  Not quite.
Xander:  15??
Me:  Nope.  32.
Xander:  Whoa!  You ARE old!  That's as old as an old grandpa!

(I'm changing one twin's diaper and I hear the other start fussing from the room where Xander is.  Xander runs in to me, and in his best announcer voice. . . )
"If you love crying, you won't want to miss this!!"

And one of my favorites to date. . .
"I know everything about skateboarding.  Except how to push with one foot.  And how to balance."

Acting crazy with his sister

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for a very good chuckle! :) Reminds me of the time one of my children asked, after looking at some black and white photos from my childhood, when color came into existence.

    ReplyDelete