Friday, August 16, 2013

Insta Friday

Is it me, or are we heading into Fall rather quickly?  My windows are open and it feels incredible outside right now - I think the temperature is in the 60s range.  Weird - I feel like Summer just started.  I'm not complaining, though.  Fall is definitely my favorite season.  The leaves and jeans and pumpkin everything and Xander's birthday and playing outside without sunscreen and walks without sweating. . . yes to all of that.  I'm ready.


But I just checked the weather and it's going to get hot again next week.  Oh well.  All in due time, eh?

In other news, I just found out that every time you file a claim on homeowners' insurance you have to pay a deductible.  Every time.  So we paid a $500 deductible when our windows got broken in a storm a few months back, and now we have to pay another one because a tree limb fell on/crushed part of our fence.  Not cool, insurance.

Anyhoo, let's have some Instagrams from the week, shall we?

Well hello, dimple.

Piper with her cousin Jadyn.  Aren't they so pretty?

One of Xander's birthday presents.  I'm excited about it.

We had a bunch of cousin time this week, and we loved it!  The two boys near the top are brothers, and the oldest girl and the boy beside Xander are siblings.  Then there are my 3, of course.  Such fun.

Our 9th anniversary was this week.  This was taken on our honeymoon.  Good grief, we were young.

This is my father-in-law's yard.  See that field just beyond the gorgeous tree?  One day our house will be there.  :)
I love babies in hoods.

Mr. Personality
That's all, folks.  Well, technically there was one other one of the twins laying on/playing with Raja, but I lost it somehow.  (And now "It Must Have Been Love" is totally in my head.)

Have a fantastic weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I'm actually really intrigued by that gift of Xander's...The Action Bible totally caught Riley Jack's attention. Where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got it on Amazon - last week it was on sale for $12. He's sort of "over" the baby-like picture Bibles, but not really big enough for just text. (Well, he can't read for one thing. . .) A friend of ours has this for her boys and they love it.

      Delete
  2. Oh the Action Bible! I think Jeff wants it...and he's 32. Amanda, most Christian bookstores sell it. And Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Action-Bible-Doug-Mauss/dp/0781444993/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1376755502&sr=1-1&keywords=action+bible

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get it! Claire can read it when she gets older. (Who says comics are just for boys??)

      Delete