Thursday, August 29, 2013

Then this happened

My husband is away on a "business" trip this week.  I put that in quotation marks because, of all the trips he has to take, this one seems the least business-like to me.  (Keep in mind I'm not there at all.)


From what I understand, he flew to the other side of the country to lovely California for a huge geek convention.  A bunch of people talking about computers and other techy things.

Earlier this week he texted to let me know that he won a pretty big prize - worth a couple hundred dollars.  (Something geeky/techy.)  Then last night there was a big party, where Train and Imagine Dragons performed.

Somehow my husband got near the very front of the crowd until he was right at the stage when Train was performing.  He got out his camera to take a picture, when the lead singer, Pat Monahan, grabbed his phone from him.

Then this happened.

My husband is the one in the blue shirt cheesing for all he's worth.

Then Pat handed back the phone and kept singing.

Gotta love business trips.

2 comments:

  1. Let me say this: whatever business your husband is in, I'm going back to school and getting into it somehow. If that had been me, I would have been cheesin' for all I'm worth too...I love Train. And Imagine Dragons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! He's in the computer industry; that's really all the specifics I know about his actual job - haha. I DO know that he works for Samaritan's Purse (where I used to work also). I love the organization and most of his trips are directly related to the non-profit work they do - but this wasn't. This was just about computers and networking with different geeky companies/vendors, which is what he deals with there. (Does that make sense?)

      Delete