Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Happy 5th birthday, Xander

Xander is 5 today.  A big boy.


Ninjago hoodie

We're having a good day.  He started with preschool (which he loves), and he wore his "shiny medal" that he got at his friends' party this weekend.  He has opened a few presents and gotten extra time with the apps on my iPhone.  He picked a special lunch (from Wendy's), and his great-grandma is making "Nana Nuggets" for dinner in a bit.  He's having fun.


I love this kid.


You may or may not know that when Xander was a year old we planted a tiny tree for him.  They have both grown a lot in the past 4 years.

Alexander James Bruch, you are a joy.  I love you so much.  Happy birthday!


2 comments:

  1. I say something lie this every time you post a milestone, but it's really amazing how fast time flies. Your Xander and my Adam are only five weeks apart, and posts like these pull at those heartstrings. Amazing thing, these growing evolving beings. Happy Birthday X :) May you and Adam keep growing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is crazy. So cliche, but true. He drives me bonkers sometimes, so I try to keep this in mind - it's so fleeting. Enjoy the stubborn 5-year-old stage because soon he'll be 15 and breaking curfew. Definitely pulls the heartstrings. It's an incredible ride, though.

      Delete