Monday, November 18, 2013

Family Pictures

We had family pictures made last month.  The photo shoot went. . . okay.  It wasn't awful, considering I have two toddlers (who were slightly hungry), plus a crazy 5-year-old.  But it wasn't great.  Piper takes a bit to warm up to new places/people, so I figured she'd do her stare-down thing at first, then we'd get her nice and comfortable and our best shots would be in the middle to end of the shoot.  But as soon as we got there, Paxton fell and bumped his head.  Pretty hard.  (There was blood involved.)  So after that, he was NOT having it.  I spent a lot of time holding him and reading him a book while everyone else got their pictures made.  The only thing that finally made him happy was a pack of crackers, which he then refused to let go.  So in nearly every picture with Paxton smiling, look for the crackers (or Xander, who made him laugh a few times).  Pretty funny.


All in all, though, we got some good shots.  My wonderful photographer, Kelly Harmon, offered several times to come to our house a few weeks later to try to get a good one of all 3 kids together, but I'm sticking with what we have - because sometimes kids won't smile.  Sometimes they'll only smile while holding crackers.  Sometimes their shoes come off right before the shutter snaps.  I like quirks.

So anyway - here's a few of my favorites.  Enjoy!


 































So there you have it.  I really like them, even if the kids don't look "perfect" in each shot.  It documents the stage we're in right now - someone's always trying to run away or making a weird face or bumping his head.  But we're having fun together.  And I like that.  I like this family.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE these!! And that bright yellow from the trees in the background is gorgeous!! I love that all the pics are real and honestly, they are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaand - I replied to you by just adding a comment instead of "replying." Seriously - when am I going to figure out this blogging thing? haha

      Delete
  2. Thanks Angela. I do, too. The one with Piper's shoe missing is especially growing on me. :)

    ReplyDelete