Saturday, November 2, 2013

Instagrams (feat. the Adventures of Piper Grey)

Last weekend we visited some good friends who live a few hours away.  It had been way too long, and it was so nice to be with them.  Their son just turned 2 and their 9-month-old niece hung out with us, too, which put us at 5 kids - with 4 of them being aged 2 and under.  But it was really great.  Everyone had fun.


This week Lucas was out of town on a work trip.  It was tiring, but it was a beautiful week, and we got outside a bit and enjoyed it.  This may have been the last week we can do that without bundling up.  Even Halloween night was really warm.  (I trick-or-treated in a t-shirt and no jacket.)

Here's the gang from last weekend.

Xander was so great with the younger kids the whole weekend.  He loved the baby, Sophia, and said to me mid-week, "You know what?  You could have named Piper Sophia.  That's a pretty name for a girl."

But even if he's not crazy about her name, Xander still adores his little sister.

Paxton put on my hat.  And it almost fit him.
Here's my little adventure girl, climbing up on her brother's bike, then enjoying the view with a bagel.  She's crazy.
I love trees.  Especially in the Fall.  How gorgeous is this?
First sucker impressions.  (Paxton really liked his - it just took him a second to realize it.)
More Piper shenanigans.  This girl is not afraid of dirt.  In fact, she's drawn to it.  I love her.
And here are the kiddos all dressed up.  I couldn't get a decent picture of all 3, so a mash-up it is.

We're actually dressing up again tomorrow to show Lucas and my parents, since they didn't get to see them on Halloween.  Hopefully I can get some better pictures then.

Now I'm going to get back to my laid-back, staying home and cleaning up weekend.  Hope yours is going great!

2 comments:

  1. I've never said this before, but I love Piper's name. All of it, especially the Grey :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you! I'm still getting used to it, actually. If Xander was a girl, he would have been Penleigh Grey. So in my head for years, my future girl (if I ever had one) was Penleigh. Or Pen. Or Penny. :) Even before we found out the sex of the twins, I was certain there was at least one girl in there, and I called her Penleigh. But then when we found out for sure, Lucas changed his mind. He LOVED Piper and wouldn't hear of any other name. I finally agreed. I got to keep my "Grey" though. ;)

      Delete