Tuesday, January 28, 2014

2014 - Year in Review

Yes, you read that correctly.  Yes, I realize 2014 isn't even close to being over.  Heck, January isn't even over.  But what can I say?  I'm bad at titles.



(First - a warning.  These pictures will not necessarily correspond with the words.  They're just pictures from January.)

Xander dressed as "Kicking King" from Letterland for preschool.  (Google it.  He nailed it.)

So basically, thanks to the extreme cold weather, the never-ending cold virus, and, oh yeah - the CRAZY cold weather, we've been stuck in the house so far this month/year.

Our "big snow" today!

And I'm not going to lie - I'm tired of it.  I'm ready for warm weather.  But, we are having some fun, too.

Xander and his buddy Jalen playing in the snow today

I love the toddler stage.  I remember being pregnant with the twins and thinking, "If I can make it until they're 18 months old, I'll be okay."  And it's true.  This is fun.


Tiring?  Um, yes.  But still fun.

"What's his problem?"

I loved this stage with Xander, and now it's even more ridiculous and fun - not just because there are 2 toddlers, but because they have a big brother.


An awesome big brother who pretends his little sister is a dog on a leash.


And she likes it.


Anyway, one of my "goals" (I don't want to say resolutions, and I don't know why.  Why don't I like that word?  I don't know, but I'm sticking with "goal.") is to take more pictures with my "real" camera.  Real as opposed to just my iPhone, that is.



I took a TON of pictures of Xander from the time he was born until - well, until I got incapacitated pregnant with the twins.  My friends joked that he was the Most Well-Documented Child of All Time.  At least I think it was a joke.


But when the twins came around, I had two tiny preemies who needed me every second, not to mention a 3-year-old who still needed me too.  I didn't have the time, or the extra hands, to have my SLR at my side.


But, as I mentioned, they are getting bigger, and I think I've got a handle on this 3-kids-including-twins thing.


Um. . . sometimes.


I'm not vowing to get "better" at my camera, mind you - just actually take pictures with it.  It's a step.


So here's to a warmer, and virus-free, February!  And more pictures with my real camera.  And less of the below drama.  (Who am I kidding?  Pax is Mr. Dramatic.)


Thanks for reading!!


No comments:

Post a Comment