Monday, January 6, 2014

Deep Thoughts with Alexander James

Welcome to another edition of Deep Thoughts!  If you're new here, this is where I write a lot of the things that my son has recently said that either surprised me, made me laugh, or just confounded me somehow.  I hope you enjoy, and have a great week!

(Xander comes up behind me and hits me with a foam sword - hard - while I'm changing a diaper.)
Me:  Hey!  I don't get hit; you know that.  I don't like fighting.
Xander:  How are you even my mommy??


(On New Year's Day)
Me:  Do you have any goals for the new year?  Anything you'd like to stop doing or start doing better?
Xander:  Watch more football and play football.
Me:  That's cool.  You want to learn all the rules and stuff?
Xander:  I already know all the rules.
Lucas:  Maybe your goal should be modesty.
Xander:  Naaahhhhhh.


"My toes do a lot of jobs for me all by themselves!"
(Said to himself while he was in his room and I was in the kitchen.  I still have no clue.)

Xander:  I can't play long; we're going to Boone.
Jalen (neighbor):  You can't go to Boone!  I'll never see you again!!
Xander:  Not forever, just for dinner, dude!

"Want to know a special recipe?  You get paprika, beans, brown sugar, 2 slices of pie, and half of a candy apple of course, and mix it all up together.  The Ultimate Chili."


"Hey Mommy, what is your heart's dream?  I don't know mine yet."
(Again - no clue.)

While walking through the Walmart parking lot one morning, a car drove past us, leaving.  Xander, holding my hand and smiling, sweetly waved his other hand and said, "Bye!!!" to the stranger.  Just as I was thinking how adorable he was, he quickly spun around toward the car and, in a voice that can only be described as pure evil, growled, "FOREVER!"

No comments:

Post a Comment