Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Deep Thoughts with Alexander James

It's time for another edition of Deep Thoughts!  And so you know - I try to jot down (I have a note of "Xanderisms" in my phone) all of these things as he says them, so I won't forget or mis-quote.  And I'll start out with not a quotation from him, but a funny situation.


We were reading books before bed and I picked a sappy one about how I'll always love him, no matter what.  As we got toward the end, he laid his head on my shoulder.  When I finished, I looked down at him and he was smiling sweetly.  I smiled back.  He reached out his arms and I leaned down as he wrapped his hands around my neck. . . and threw me down on his bed, jumped on my back, and yelled, "Gotcha!!!  HA-HA-HAAAAA!"

His hiding spot for hide-and-go-seek

(carrying 2 juice boxes)
Me:  "Who are those for?"
Xander:  "Me."
Me:  "Oh really?  Both of them?"
Xander:  "Yep!  I decided to have a sweet eating day."

Xander:  "Have you ever been shrinked?"
Me:  "Um. . . nope."
Xander:  "Not even by a potion??"
Me:  "Nope."
Xander:  "That's weird."

(This was seriously out of the blue.)  "Wouldn't it be great if we had people to do all our work for us while we just work on our survival??"

Helping me cook.  Or stealing cheese.  Not really sure which.

 (overheard from the playroom, where Xander and Paxton were playing)
"You can cross over right here.  This bridge is safe and okay."
{giant crashing sound}
"Kind of safe and okay."

I called him awesome and he said he wasn't.  I said he was.  He said, "No, I'm not yet.  I haven't completed all the tasks."  So I asked what are the tasks to be awesome.  In case you ever wondered, they are as follows:

1.  Climb 100 trees
2.  Dig until you find water.
3.  Run into a wall.
4.  Wreck down a house all by yourself (probably by cutting down a tree and slamming it into the house).
5.  Kill 10 bears while you're still a kid.
6.  You must do all of these without crying.

So there you have it.  I'm pretty sure I don't know a single awesome person.  Bummer.

Still working on being awesome


No comments:

Post a Comment