Friday, March 14, 2014

Friday!

Y'all, I'm super lazy today.  Most days, really.  But especially today.  I have done almost nothing during the twins' nap.  Xander has kept himself (unusually) entertained by drawing maps, building towers, and watching birds.  So I started out by cleaning the dining room and kitchen. . . then got distracted by a magazine.  For 20 minutes.


So I got out my laptop because it's Friday and I haven't posted all week, but by golly, I'm going to do Insta Friday!  And. . . I got distracted by Pinterest.  For 20 minutes.

So now the twins are waking up, and I feel pretty lazy.  Which makes me want to do even less.  Isn't that weird?  Xander just asked if we could go to Walmart when P&P get up and I think I'd rather pull my hair out.  Then again - it IS Walmart we're talking about.  When is that ever fun?

Maybe I'll get a sewing post up for you next week, though.  I got a new-to-me pair of jeans that are entirely too long, and I'm going to try to hem them using a technique I saw on Pinterest.  (See?  Maybe that was productive.)  But you know, the ACC tournament is this weekend, so who knows if I'll really even get around to that.  I make no promises.

Except Instagrams!  I promise there will be always Instagrams.  Because I'm addicted.

Without further ado. . .

I just like our colorful playroom.  It gets good light.  I also like when the twins play together.

You guys - I MUST get a video of these two on the trampoline.  Xander plays hard with Piper - and she loves it.  She throws herself down face-first (see bottom left) and laughs and laughs.  It's fantastic.

This is at my father-in-law's house.  I contemplated leaving them in here while we had dinner. . . No, I didn't.  I wouldn't deprive them of his delicious cooking.  They ate with us.

Monday was fabulously warm, so we celebrated with a trip to TCBY.  I wondered if the twins would get restless in the stroller but it turns out that feeding them ice cream keeps them pretty content.

Cute toes. 

Tuesday was 80 degrees (!) and we spent a lot of time outdoors.  Our buddy Evan came to play and Piper taught him how to drive the Gator.

That face!  It almost makes you forget that she's climbed on Xander's toy storage after being told 24,738 times not to.

Paxton was a bit disappointed when he found out the steering wheel on the play set doesn't actually steer anything.  (Also - this picture almost convinced me that he needs his first hair cut.  Look below his right ear [your left].  Doesn't that look like a super long strand of hair?  It's just the wood grain, but it scared me for a second.)

I love, love, love how Xander is holding her until Jalen (neighbor/friend) is finished bouncing.  I didn't tell him to do that and he's not doing it because I'm standing there.  In fact, I didn't even notice at the time, but saw this when looking back over my pictures.  He's just careful with her - and Paxton.  He plays differently with each of them and knows his limits (which are different for each one).  He's just a really great big brother.

Here's silly girl, still eating some breakfast and getting changed yesterday.  (We had to take Xander to preschool so she finished up in the car.)  I just love her.

Twins are definitely awake from nap now.  Hey - at least I got a blog post up!  That's something.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment