Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Product Review - Colgate® Optic White™ Toothbrush + Built-In Whitening Pen

I got another VoxBox from Influenster!  I seriously love getting these things.  (But - as you know - I'll be honest about it.  Free stuff doesn't make me lie.)  This one was the Optic White VoxBox and included some Colgate Optic White toothpaste and the Colgate Optic White Toothbrush + Built-In Whitening Pen.  Whew.  That's a mouthful.  Ha.  Pun not intended.

The lady on the packaging looks totally happy, so I'm excited to try it.

Um, anyway.  So - let me explain it for a second.  This is a toothbrush with a gel pen included, which is stored in the toothbrush base, or handle.  I mean, what do you call that part?  It's just the bottom half of the toothbrush, basically.

See the extra silver part at the bottom?  That's the pen in there.  I'll show you. . .

So the toothbrush and toothpaste.  Well, they're pretty normal, to be honest.  No complaints, but nothing mind-blowing.  I'm used to brushing with an automatic toothbrush - like a battery-powered one, are they called automatic? - so this seemed a bit weak in comparison, but I guess that's not fair.  Apples and oranges, you know?  Basically - normal toothbrush.  Now the gel pen.

Okay, so I've pulled the gel pen out of the toothbrush - see the opening at the bottom?

I've got to say, I really love the way it's stored inside the toothbrush.  One of the reasons I don't do "extras" (like flossing - I know, I know!) every single time I brush is because I'm in a hurry and I just don't grab anything besides my brush and toothpaste.  That sounds incredibly lazy typed out, but it's true.  But this is nice - it's right there, so I don't have to search for anything extra.

So you see the big silver part at the bottom of the gel pen?  You just twist that to the side and it clicks and some of the whitening gel comes up.  It's sort of like gel deodorant - you know what I mean?  Like how you click the bottom and a tiny bit pops up?

Sorry this one is blurry.  I was in a hurry.  And also in my kids' bathroom, hence the Spiderman cup.

So then some gel comes up and you just rub it on your teeth.  And that's it.  You just leave it there.  I've got to say - the first time or two, that was totally weird.  It felt odd and I sort of wanted to rub it off, but also just wanted to walk around not shutting my mouth with my teeth exposed.  But it didn't take long to get used to it.  It really dries in a matter of seconds and then you just go about your day.

Okay, so it's easy - but whitening?  Um. . . I don't know.  It says on the packaging that it starts to work in just 2 days and no.  Just no.  Not true.  I've been using it twice a day for almost 2 weeks now and honestly - I don't think there have been any major results.

I did take a picture of my teeth on Day 1 and then today, but my teeth looked worse in today's picture.  I'm blaming the lighting.  I don't think it has made my teeth extra yellow, but I also don't feel like the girl on the product packaging.  Yet.

Luckily, it's easy enough that I'll keep using it and we'll see what happens.

Bottom Line:  I like it, works just fine for cleaning my teeth, but time will have to tell if I love it and if it actually whitens.

No comments:

Post a Comment