Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Lazy Summer Days

I didn't pick the camera up much the past couple of days.  We've just been hanging out.  Our normal "routine" (if you can call it that) is - play outside in the morning around 9:00 until 10:30 or 11.  Inside for cooling down, lunch, twins to nap (when me and Xander hang out together).  When they get up we may go back out, but if it's too hot we stay in - play with Play Doh, watch Toy Story 3 (again), and get dinner ready.  Daddy comes home, we eat, play - sometimes go back outside - then bath, pajamas, more play, bed.  Yep, thrilling stuff.  But we go visit people sometimes.  Or friends come here.  And we always have to hit Walmart at least once a week.  (We went Monday for about 5 minutes just to grab 2 things, and in case you're wondering, we got 3 "You've got your hands full"s.)

So anyway - yesterday I didn't pick up the camera until after dinner.  Paxton finished early and wanted to get down, so we let him while the remaining 4 of us finished up.  He went and grabbed his blankie, his milk, and sat down and watched us.


When we all finished, we got out the Play-Doh, and he put this little carrying case (for a Tag Jr. and books) on his head and it completely cracked me up.


He's just walking around like it's completely normal.  (Piper is showing me her creation.)



I know I took way too many pictures, but it was hilarious, people.  I know my sister is with me on this one.  She would have laughed until she cried if she had been here.


Oh man.  So funny.

Anyway - so today was busier, but in a fun way.  We had friends come over in the morning and stay through lunch.  We played outside and got out the sprinkler.




During the twins' nap, I tried a new pesto-stuffed chicken recipe.  And this, my friends, is why I'm not a food blogger.


Totally professional, right?  (And for the record, it tasted about as good as this looks.  Blah.)

Daddy came home for a couple minutes before he ran to a meeting and I took the kids to a different (more casual) meeting.  And he got some snuggles before he had to leave.


That's about it.  And here's my Photos of the Day:

Day 13

I mean - you knew this was coming, right?

Day 14


Hope you're keeping cool and having some lazy summer fun too!

No comments:

Post a Comment