Saturday, June 21, 2014

Naked Creek Time

I'm actually a bit scared to name this post what I just named it.  All kinds of weirdos may Google something "naked in a creek" and end up at my blog.  If you are one such weirdo - oh hey!  Nothing to see here.  Thanks.

Anyway - today is Saturday, and last night my nephew Caleb spent the night.  He and Xander are just 4 months apart in age and they have a blast together.  They have so much fun, in fact, that they stayed up until after 11:00pm Friday night!  (That's really late for them.)  And still got up around 6:30am.  Crazy kids.  So here was our Saturday:

Of course we have to play on the trampoline

And the boys have to wrestle

Look at Xander shoving Caleb!  I swear they were both having fun.

More shoving.  Boys.


The twins have reached the wonderful age where Lucas can now throw them around on the bed

Look how sweet Piper and Xander are, even in the middle of a wrestling match.

Paxton was being sweet with cousin Caleb, too.


Then we went to Boone (to take Caleb home) and had fun at Grandpa Ted's house

This is (part of) his crazy awesome garden

Then we got in the creek!

The diapers were getting way soggy, so the twins just stripped down.  Piper loved it, of course.

Paxton liked getting dipped in by Aunt Molly, but then he wanted out.

Pax decided to explore.  (The older boys were off fighting somewhere.)


I love this.  This kid LOVES flags.  His brother does, too.  I have no idea where it came from, it's a pretty great thing to be obsessed with.


And while I honestly could have picked any or all of those for my Photo of the Day, I went with this one for Day 18:


That's Paxton and his Grandpa Ted.  And Ted's house.  Piper was in the creek with Aunt Molly to the left (and below) Ted while Xander and Caleb were playing Star Wars on the other side of the house.  I think at this point Lucas and my niece Jadyn were inside.

This just sort of captures how Boone feels to me.  It's easy and laid-back and it's family and happy and it's playing in creeks and eating from the garden and running around naked without a care in the world.  It's hard to explain.  I love it.  And I love this picture.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment