Monday, July 14, 2014

Pigtails! And other stuff.

Last week was a little crazy.  We had something to do every single evening and Lucas and I weren't together much.  (Xander asked me one day, "Is this a Mommy Night or a Daddy Night?")  It was all good stuff, just a lot of it.  I'm not really sure what we'll do when all 3 of our kids are playing ball.


Yes, I assume they will all play ball instead of other activities like dance.  I'm just not really a dance mom.  I can't even put makeup on myself, much less a 6-year-old.  Then again, I guess you never know.  I never thought I'd be a soccer mom, but we're signing Xander up soon.  And I DO drive a minivan.

But I digress.  Let's talk about this weekend.

Friday morning was wrestling/train time.  Wrestling for Piper and Xander and trains for Paxton.







Then that afternoon, my good friend came for the night and she brought her son and baby girl!  I always do this - I forgot to take pictures.  I just get distracted when I get to talking with my friends.  I did snap this one with my phone to show my husband (who was still at work at the time).


A few other friends came by Friday night and we had dinner and hung out.  Saturday morning we all got up and slowly ate/got ready, then went to a local festival here - the Blackberry Festival.  It was fun, but HOT, and there wasn't a ton for the little little ones to do, so we didn't stay too long.  But we did get Nutella samples (and some balloons) and saw our friend compete in the Miss Blackberry Pageant.


Around lunchtime we went home and our friends left, too.  We had a snacky lunch in the living room and I decided to try Piper's hair in pigtails again.  And y'all - they're not perfect, but they're so cuuuuuuute.  I love it.



While the twins napped, Lucas took Xander to get soccer cleats, as he's signing up to play this month.  He was SO very excited.  He even made a chart to help him countdown the days until the first day of practice/sign-ups.




The rest of the afternoon was nice - no agenda, just hanging out and playing.




Later my parents stopped by because they had been at the beach last week and my mom almost died from not seeing the kids for a whole 8 days.  They came bearing gifts, including a soccer ball for Xander and super cool Columbia jackets for the twins.

On Sunday, I took all 3 kids to Tweetsie for the first time, and that event gets its own post later.  For now - keeping up with Project 365.

Day 38 - They're smiling for the camera, but they were already laying like this when I found them

Day 39 - I had to

Day 40 - a little preview for you

Thanks for checking in!  See you soon for the Tweetsie post!

No comments:

Post a Comment