Saturday, July 19, 2014

Science Center on a Rainy Day

This past Friday, Xander was spending the day with his grandpa in Boone (about a 40-minute drive from our house).  This is also the town Lucas works in, so he just took Xander with him to work for Devotions (which is what his workday starts with - it's awesome), then took him over to spend the day with Grandpa Ted.


Piper and Erika

Not long after they left, I got a text from my friend Erika, who has a little boy close to the twins' age.  She wanted to know if we wanted to go to the local science center, which offers free admission the 3rd Friday of every month - which it was.  At first I wasn't sure; I felt guilty taking the twins without Xander, but my husband (via text) pointed out that not only did Xander get almost 4 years of special trips before the twins got here, but he still gets them now.  (In fact, the day before I had taken him to the movies.  Not to mention he got to spend the day with grandpa.)  So - we went.

Paxton admiring the big tortoise

And I'm so glad we did.  Although I do think Xander would enjoy it, I don't think he would enjoy the same parts they did.  We quickly walked through some of the more science-y exhibits, and spent a lot of time in the toddler play area.

By the way - all pictures were taken of moving toddlers in low light with an iPhone - sorry for the quality

My favorite part, though, was the very first exhibit we saw - the fish.  And seahorses and lizards and stingrays.  You know, fish.



They just loved it.  They were absolutely fascinated.  I could not get enough of seeing their eyes light up and hearing them giggle.  They even have a place where you are allowed (and encouraged) to put your hands in and touch some of the creatures.


With the exception of a few sprinting episodes, they were very well-behaved and we had a blast.  If you're local, I really recommend it.  I had been before, but it has probably been 20 years since I've gone (I know - what's my problem?), so I was pleasantly surprised.

And here's yet another catch-up of Project 365, not counting today.

Day 41 - Lost tooth!

Day 42 - Mirror selfies after bath.  She has the cutest "surprised" face ever.

Day 43 - I will never stop with the trampoline pictures.  Ever.

Day 44 - They love playing with Daddy when he gets home from work

Day 45 - Hanging out with our (uber stylish) friend Evan at the science center

Hope you had a good week too!

No comments:

Post a Comment