Sunday, August 10, 2014

Weekend Review

I really cannot believe it's Sunday night.  I know weekends always go by quickly, but this one absolutely flew by.  I have laundry sitting in the dryer that has been there for about 34 hours because I just haven't had a chance to get it out.  (Okay, technically I could be getting it out now, so I guess that's a lie.)

But I'm not complaining.  At all.  Yesterday Lucas and I got to do something amazing - go out without the kids.  I know.  It was fantastic.  We went to Asheville, which is about a 75-minute drive for us, for a surprise birthday party for one of our best friends.  We had seats in the (covered) outdoor patio area and about 30 of us just hung out and talked and watched the rain and ate while (our friends') kids ran around and played and it was just fun.  After the meal, Lucas and I spent the rest of the evening just walking around downtown in the rain and popping in and out of any shop we felt like perusing.  We ran into some other good friends for a few minutes and walked some more and sat down for coffee and truffles here.  And Lucas even bought me a dress for our anniversary (next week) from Ten Thousand Villages, which is totally bizarro.  Not that he would do something like that, or that we would buy something from a Fair Trade retailer, but that I would actually want a dress.  But I did.  And he did.  And it was fun.  It was really quite a lovely day.

Today I went shopping with my sister for a few hours (again, sans kids - this is the most I've been without them in a weekend since the twins were born) to get Xander some pants for fall, since he's too tall for all of his from last year.  I also got about 17 items from various aisles in Target all while my sister looked over the (small) section of $5 DVDs, deciding which to buy.  Pretty sure she spoke with 3 different people on the phone to help her decide.  She's a very careful shopper, weighing all the pros and cons in big decisions like The Sandlot vs. Clueless.  (Honestly - I just threw those 2 out there, but that really would be a tough choice.)

Anyway - then I ran home, made a bean dip, and we loaded everyone up and went to Lucas's mom's house because his sister and her boys were in town.  It was raining pretty hard most of the time, so I didn't get a lot of good pictures, but we always have to take a cousin picture when we all get together and luckily we had about a 20-minute break in the rain so I grabbed this shot.

Paxton wasn't feeling it, and apparently I was on a wicked hill, according to the angle of this picture.  Not sure what's up with that.

So another busy, but good, weekend.  Even despite the rain.


And now I'll (mostly) catch you up on Project 365.

Day 60 - This wouldn't upload last time I posted.  I just love the shirt.
Day 62 - Xander lets Piper hold the "Player 2" remote so she feels like she's playing.  It's pretty darn cute.

Day 63 - Boys playing with trains

Day 64 - Soccer try-outs!

Day 65 - I thought when Piper tried to put on my shoes, her wearing them would make a really cute picture.  But it turns out that I love this one of Xander helping her get them on even more.

Day 66 - 2-year-olds playing apps on an iPad and iPhone.  Kind of ridiculous.

I hope everyone is enjoying these "last" few weeks of summer.  I know according to the seasons we actually have several more weeks left, but with the school year approaching, it just seems like summer is ending, you know?  That's probably just a mom (and teacher) thing, isn't it?

At any rate, enjoy the next few weeks.  And then the next few.  And heck - why not enjoy a few more?  Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Paxton! How he's changed. It's amazing what hair will do for a head~ :o) As always, love the picture story. - Mary Krop

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more question, when did Paxton change from a baby into a little boy? It happened so quick! Precious. - Mary Krop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I just told my father-in-law this weekend that every single week they grow up a little more - they say new words or learn new things. And yes, the hair makes him look especially older. He's already had a few haircuts and it's still pretty long. Piper, on the other hand, will probably not have her's cut until she's 10.

      Delete