Monday, August 4, 2014

slow computer and other random thoughts

My laptop was free to me.  It was a hand-me-down that was slightly newer than the last hand-me-down I had been using.  So that's totally awesome.  And sometimes it works great.  And sometimes it takes me 3 solid minutes to open a blank page in order to write a blog post (this normally happens instantaneously after you click "New Post.").  Guess which today is?  I'm not complaining; just explaining why today's post will be short.  I've already been working on it for about 13 minutes and this is as far as we've gotten.



So - just a quick Monday post.  Weekend was lazy and good, which is nice because this weekend will be packed full.  It sort of hit me while I was writing in journals over the weekend that there's just 3 weeks until school starts.  Xander and I are both totally ready for Kindergarten - he has been for a whole year.  He had a blast at preschool and I'm very comfortable with the school we're sending him to and we're ready.  But it kind of made me sad to think about it, too.  I can't even pinpoint why.  Parenting is weird.


I've been thinking about sewing more, too.  I really like and I want to learn more, but I'm such a visual learner that manuals are no good to me.  I have specifically always loved quilts and it would be SO freaking cool to be able to make them - but that seems big, doesn't it?  Like, someone who didn't even know what a bobbin was a year or so ago should probably master a straight line before she sets her sights on quilting, right?  Makes sense.  But this morning I emailed a local place that teaches quilting anyway.  Because I don't always do things that make sense.


Okay, I have to make Xander a snack now, then we're going to read a new book.  Have a good week!  (Oh, and the picture from Aug 2 won't load, so I skipped it.  I'll show you next time.  But don't get all excited - it's not good.)  (Again with the awesome blogging.)

Day 58 - Paxton really wanted to try on Piper's new shoes

Day 59 - Wrestling and giggling

Day 61 - Fun with the leaf blower


No comments:

Post a Comment