Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas Day 2014

So as I mentioned, Christmas was good.  My pictures from Christmas?  Lacking, in a word.  We saw a lot of family that day, but I took almost no pictures of any adults.  Why?  I don't know.  I wasn't thinking clearly.  Forgive me, family.


On a related note, our house was decorated so nicely for Christmas this year - mostly outside.  Lucas spent many hours stringing and re-stringing lights, then replacing fuses and re-wiring until they all were lit.  I kept forgetting to take a picture, and while taking everything down today I realized that, so I decided to put a halt on the un-decorating and take pictures tonight.  So I get all set up with my tripod, wait until the twins are in bed, go outside, plugged in the lights, and - nothing.  More fuses blown.  But we're taking them down very soon, so Lucas isn't fixing them again (it's a long process to figure out where the problem is and correct it).  So no pictures of the house, either.  Oh, except this blurry one I took on my phone as we drove away one night.  Fail.

You can't tell, but Bumble is up on our balcony.

But I digress.  So where was I?  Oh, Christmas.  So we had to wake the kids up (crazy, right?) and we gave Raja her gift first then ate breakfast.





After breakfast we do stockings, but the twins saw their "new" kitchen and started playing with that.  It has been a huge hit.


We invited Lucas's dad down to spend the morning with us.  He got to see the kids open all of their gifts.  But I didn't get a picture of him.  Plenty of the kids, though.




A little later in the morning my family came over.  We usually go to my parents' house on Christmas Day, but they had been sick so we decided to skip their possibly-germy house and have everyone to our house instead.  So my brother and sister-in-law, my sister, brother-in-law and their kids, and my parents all came over and we hung out and ate popcorn and opened more presents.




Xander was shocked and so excited about his Cam Newton jersey

I didn't get a picture of any of my siblings, but I did snap a couple of my parents opening their gifts from us.  We got my dad a framed print of Cassius Clay meeting the Beatles, and we were really hoping he'd like it.  He did.



After all the stuff at our house, we went to my grandparents', as is tradition, and we had fun, but I didn't bring my camera.  So I will leave you with a cute shot of the twins coloring in their new Color Wonder books, and Xander dancing in his new jersey.  And one video that I hope you can see.  It's just 15 seconds - just a snippet of the kiddos dancing around the house. 







It was a good day, indeed.  Oh!  And the photo of the day:

Day 205 - Christmas morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment