Monday, January 19, 2015

2 years in!

I've mentioned before that I like to "keep" memories.  One of the ways I do this is on index cards.  I have 365 cards - one for every day of the year.  Each day I write down just a few words about what happened that day.  The big, the little, the interesting, the boring.


The reason I am telling you all of this again is because today I was catching up on the cards for the past week and I saw on January 19 it said, "2013 - Megan started a blog."

Today is my blogiversary!  (Believe it or not, that's a thing.)  So here we are, 2 years and 231 posts later.  Time flies, huh?

Speaking of, it's been over a week since I posted last.  Since then we've been working on getting better at the potty training thing.  We're so close.  Paxton goes all night staying dry, but not during naps.  Piper stays dry during naps, but not all night.  But during the day - we're pretty good.  (Unless Paxton just decides to pee in the floor for NO REASON AT ALL.  Not that he would do that.  Twice.  Today.)  We have about 20 or so diapers and 40ish Pull-Ups out in a bin that we're working through and then there's a new huge box of diapers in the closet.  I'm beginning to think I won't have to open it.  It's kind of crazy.  In a very good way.

Xander's doing great too.  Not with using the potty.  Well, yeah, he is, but he has been good on that front for about 4 years now.  I mean just in general.  In fact, he wrote us a note the other night that said, "Scool and cherch are goeing grat."  (Translation:  School and church are going great.)  Love that kid.  He's getting to do some more challenging stuff at school lately and he loves it.  And his artwork got chosen to be on display at the Caldwell Arts Council.  Pretty cool stuff in his world.


Now let's catch up on pictures.

Day 223 - This girl likes salad like her mama - "ranch soup"  (Don't be offended by the nakedness.  Since moving to underwear they are becoming nudists.)

Day 224 - No guys, really.  Just make yourself comfortable and play on my and Daddy's phones.

Day 225 - Look how cute her hair is pulled out of her eyes!  She will only leave it like this for a few seconds, though.  "No pretty hair, Mommy."

Day 226 - I was cooking the other evening and turned and saw this.  I love it.

Day 227 - Our neighbors got an English Bulldog puppy!!!!!!  (Yes, it totally deserves all of those exclamation marks.)

Day 228 - Not sure why he wouldn't smile normally, but here's my boy and his masterpiece.

Day 229 - I know this is a terrible picture.  But I didn't take many that day, and I still LOVE IT.  We have dance parties almost every night and Piper has started doing this sway thing with her hips.  Throw on the striped leg warmers and I'm done.

Day 230 - These are the shoes I keep by the basement door to slip on to go do laundry or run outside or whatever.  Today Pax put them on and said, "Be right back!" and opened the basement door.  Adorable.

And there we go.  All caught up.

Now the kids are all finally in bed so I'm going to relax by editing some chapters of a book a friend of mine is writing.  Believe it or not, I've been looking forward to getting some time to do this.  I love editing and reading is definitely one of my favorite relaxing activities.  Plus the book is really fun.  I'll post the link when it's all done and published.

As always, thanks for checking in!  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment