Friday, July 31, 2015

Minecraft Lies and more P365

Y'all.  I have terrible news.  The rocket we spent nearly 4 hours on won't shoot to space.


I'm sure if you've ever played Minecraft, you're probably like, "Yeah, duh," because apparently it's a known fact that you can't really fly around.  But to my 6-year-old, who saw a video of this awesome rocket shooting to the moon (made with lots of editing) and who doesn't have a ton of experience with Minecraft, well, he had no idea.  And he told me it could happen, so I never questioned it.  Mistake.

We finished the rocket.  With painstaking detail.  It looked amazing.  Then my sweet boy followed the steps to set it off into space.  Nothing.  He tried again.  Nothing.  And again.  Nothing.  So - I Googled.  And my heart sank.   The actual launch was edited and it's not possible to shoot into the air, much less to the moon.  (Note to self:  next time, Google FIRST.)  There were tears.  And Xander was upset too.

But seriously.  That was several hours ago and I think we're already over it.  In fact, he's watching more Minecraft videos as I type and telling me all the stuff he wants to build next.  Stationary things, of course.

I need to get this one to bed, so let's get to the pictures!

Day 311 - New sidewalk chalk!  Everyone got in on the action.

Day 312 - The boys crack me up here.  We went to visit good friends and the boys were running around like crazy while Piper played with Brooklyn (their girl).  I made them all stop and sit down so I could take a picture.  Clearly, the boys were thrilled by this.

Day 313 - We made a quick trip to Boone this day.  I can't remember why we went, but we had fun, as always, at Grandpa Ted's house.

Day 314 - Xander got to meet Baby Wade, whom he was SO excited for.  I stayed home with the twins this time, but Lucas sent me several pictures and it was adorable.

Day 315 - I love when he sits like this and plays.  I don't know why exactly, but I think it's just the cutest.

Day 316 - You know what this play kitchen needs?  Real spices.  Like an ENTIRE JAR of them.  Nice job, Pax.
Day 317 - This dude wore his sister's underwear like a hat ALL day.  Seriously, almost every picture of him from this day feature these lovely Hello Kitty panties.  So awesome.

Day 318 - Ah, a long-awaited day.  Lucas introduced Xander to Star Wars.  And you guys - I was nervous.  You don't understand how much Lucas loves Star Wars.  LOVES.  So if Xander didn't like it?  He would be crushed.  That sounds ridiculous to most of you, but I'm serious.  Luckily - the kid genuinely enjoyed it and wanted to watch the next one the next night.  Whew.  Dodged a bullet there.

Day 319 - The twins are slowly starting to like costumes and I am so happy.  Xander was big into dressing up, and I've been hoping the twins would like it too.  This day they battled each other for quite a while.

Day 320 - And since I've featured a Piper bath selfie collage, I had to throw a Paxton one in too.  He's pretty cute too.

Those were kind of Paxton-heavy, huh?  Funny how that works out sometimes.  We'll see who shows up most tomorrow.

Hope you have an excellent weekend, free of Minecraft drama. 

No comments:

Post a Comment