Thursday, July 30, 2015

Moving into April

The title of this is funny since we're actually moving into August.  But I mean as far as the Project 365 goes.  We're in the 300s!


Here in the real world, in the end of July, I've been working on Minecraft for an hour.  And I'm not a fan of Minecraft.  Let me clarify:  I love that my son loves it.  And it's actually a lot more "educational" (still a loose term, hence the parentheses) than I thought it was.  There's a lot of building things and a lot of imagination.  It's like Legos on a screen.

Anyway, Xander found this cool tutorial - 24 minutes long - on YouTube for a giant rocket ship that you can blast into space.  So I thought, "Okay, 24 minutes isn't too bad."  But we have to watch what the guy does, then pause it, then try to do it.  And I don't actually touch the controller so I'm just sitting here like, "No, he put the block over there.  Yes, there.  Nope.  Nope.  To the left.  Yes, there.  Wait, no.  Okay, there."  And I would MUCH rather be putting together actual Legos.  Or eating a bag of cheese popcorn and watching Law & Order:  SVU. 

It took us 3 hours (over the course of 2 days and nights) to get through the 24-minute video.  And then we found out:  that's part 1 of 2.  Part 2 of 2 is also 24 minutes long.  And I kind of want to cry.

But you know what?  My son loves it and he has said, "Thank you Mommy" about 14 dozen times since we started so by golly, we'll sit here each evening after the twins go to bed and work on it until we get this blasted rocket built.  (See what I did there?)

I'm exhausted though, from the Minecraft and swimming today and single parenting all week (hubby is on a business trip) and only getting 5 broken hours of sleep last night.  So here's numbers 301-310 in my Project 365.

Day 301 - Happy boy playing on the trampoline

Day 302 - Have we been over the fact that the twins won't nap anymore?  It's been quite a while, but I'm not sure if I ever mentioned it on here.  It's Piper's fault - she doesn't need as much sleep as Pax, and she keeps him up.  And he won't fall asleep if she's not in the room.  So he'll crash from time to time on the couch, like so.  But she almost never does, so I had to document it.

Day 303 - Always taking time to stop and smell the flowers

Day 304 - Xander is hanging on for dear life while his dear brother pries his fingers from their final grip

Day 305 - Playing with ponies with no pants on.  The usual. 
Day 306 - Easter 2015 with the family
Day 307 - Fun new game:  Jumping with plastic eggs.  This resulted in several splintered eggs, but surprisingly no blood.

Day 308 - My friend with the Mexican-themed baby shower?  Here's her little family!  This was the day her baby, Wade, was born.  We went to see them for about an hour and he didn't make a peep.  (He made up for that in the coming months though.)
Day 309 - Story Time with Bubby

Day 310 - Swinging at the park on a pretty day

Okay, friends - I'm off to bed.  Hope you've had a great Thursday.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment