Monday, August 3, 2015

Daddy's home and pool day!

Lucas came home today from a 9-day trip to Alaska.  So of course, after having no sleep in over 24 hours and literally an entire day of travel, we let him crash and played quietly so as not to wake him.  Juuuuuust kidding - we made him take us to the pool.


Xander has been asking about going to this pool pretty much the whole summer, but since it's a public pool (with many other kids around), I knew it would be difficult to keep my eyes on all 3, so I've needed back-up before we could go.  So today we went.  And we had a blast.

Even Paxton, Mr. Cautious, had so much fun.  He started slowly but eventually took the puddle jumper off and ran around in the splashing water parts.  He didn't want to leave!


Piper, of course, loved it.  She just got mad that she wasn't allowed to jump off the diving board.  Really - she was so mad.  But Daddy throwing her was almost as fun.  She'd put her face directly in the line of shooting water and just laugh and laugh.


Xander had fun, too, and I'm so glad Lucas was able to come with us.  Xander slid down this slide and jumped off the diving board for a while, but after about an hour he said he was ready to go.  Lucas asked if he was kind of bored and he said yes.  So after that he and Lucas dove together and tried new tricks and just goofed around together.  We ended up staying about 2.5 hours total and no one was wanting to leave.



It was a very fun afternoon and a great way to celebrate Daddy coming back from his trip.

Now let's get to the catching up.  Here's the next 10 in my Project 365.

Day 341 - This was Mothers' Day and I took several cute pictures of me and the kids in our church clothes, but I think this is a better representation of us.  Blurriness, not looking at the camera, no pants.  Yep - that's us.

Day 342 - These guys are acting more and more brotherly.  Which does include love, like this, but also fighting.  But I really don't even mind at this point, because I love that they're acting like brothers.

Day 343 - Totally my fault.  Not sure what I was thinking.  We bought pink marshmallows and I decided to give Piper and Paxton each one for the ride home.  (Xander was at school.)  Paxton was fine with his.  This is what happened to Piper.  Again I say - messiest child alive.

Day 344 - Are y'all familiar with Shopkins?  They are tiny rubbery toys shaped like different things you can shop for.  From veggies to appliances to shoes.  And my kids love them.  This day Paxton lined them all up and was making them talk to each other.

Day 345 - I was trying to take a picture with my 3 kids, but Piper refused and Raja and Donatello wanted in.
Day 346 - This used to be a sand and water table.  Then it was just a water table.  Now it's pretty much a kiddie pool.
Day 347 - We went to the mountains for a friend's birthday party and the kids were looking awfully cute.
Day 348 - This is what I'm talking about.  Brothers.
Day 349 - I let the kids play in the rain in the summertime (if there's no lightning).  This time, though, Piper got a little chilly.  I looked out and saw Xander warming her up with a hug and yelled for them to smile.  This is what I got.

Day 350 - Oh, this smile.  And that hair!  I still miss that hair.  Love this boy so much.
Man - just 15 days left!  Maybe I'll put them all in tomorrow's post.  See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment